HEALTH AND WELLNESS INITIATIVE 2021 – 2022
Funded by IPEN (International Pollutants Elimination Network) AND Implemented by NESODO (Networking for Society development Organization) on 15th to 20th November 2021 at Nyamagana- Mwanza, Tanzania
In 2007, Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MoHCDEC) issued the National Health Policy to promote improved health care and services for all people in Tanzania. Tanzania has been implementing the National Health Policy 2007 which envisioned a healthy community that contributes effectively to individual as well as to the nation’s development. The mission was to facilitate the provision of basic health services that are of good quality, equitable, accessible, affordable, and sustainable and gender sensitive. The main objective was to improve the health and wellbeing of all Tanzanians, with a focus on those most at risk, and encourage the health system to be more responsive to the needs of the people and, thus increase the life expectancy.
COVID 19 was initially reported to the World Health Organization (WHO) on December 31, 2019. On January 30, 2020, the WHO declared the COVID-19 outbreak a global health emergency. In the world COVID-19 pandemic is one of the worst health and wellness crises in modern history and it continues to require the best of humanity to overcome. Prevention is important during this period where vaccination awareness is still ongoing. Due to the continuous waves of COVID 19 happening in many parts in the world, Tanzania also faces the challenges of this pandemic disease where by controlling the situation our president has already provided national directives to fight against it. The government playing parts in many ways through health departments. While we are still waiting for all people to be vaccinated, people have to take precaution especially based on preventing new infections and transmissions. The absence of enough preventive equipment within the society and inadequate preventive education are problems which can spread up the spread of COVID 19 if no any rapidly measures can be taken to help the society.
During the project implementation the following changes were realized;
- Internal systems are built to integrate the wellbeing of NESODO staff, members and volunteers.
- Organizational culture is improved with contemplation practices.
- Participants are able to work according to changes of working conditions caused by COVID 19.
- Participants are willing to keep providing educations for others at their homes and street.
- Health and wellness of participants improved due to full packages provided by Instructor.
Despite the above, participants also raised the following issues to be needed;
- COVID 19 preventive education should be spreading in the society.
- We have to bring effort into distribution of COVID 19 preventive equipment as what it happens in HIV / AIDS.
- There are should be an establishment of online learning center to help teaching and learning.
- Sports and games center should also be established to help majority benefit.
- Subjects of eating balanced diet should be spreed in the society.